TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Programme is being produced by Tuesday’s Child Television Ltd (the “Company”). The information given by individuals submitting an application form (“Applicant(s)”) may be used in the Programme, should they be selected.
Applicants agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms & conditions (the “Rules”) of the Programme which may be varied from time to time by Tuesday’s Child at its sole discretion. The selection period is expected to run from 21/12/17 until 31/03/18 and will work in the following way:
1. Each Applicant warrants that all information supplied by them will be, to the best of their knowledge, truthful, accurate and in no way misleading and agree that Tuesday’s Child may at its sole discretion remove them from the selection process or the Programme itself at any time and at any stage if they supply or have supplied any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information and/or is otherwise in breach of any of the Rules. You agree to authorise Channel 4 or Tuesday’s Child to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide them with any assistance or further information necessary to do this.
2. Applicants warrant that they residents of the UK or Ireland and are free to take part in any selection process and the Programme itself (if required by Tuesday’s Child).
3. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
4. You must declare any past convictions or impending trials on the application form. This will not automatically disqualify you from entry, each case will be considered individually.
5. Attendance by Applicants at any audition or other event staged by Tuesday’ Child and travel to and from any such events is at the Applicant's own risk and Tuesday’s Child accepts no responsibility or liability in this regard.
6. Applications are made at an Applicant's own expense and Tuesday’s Child shall not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in making an entry.
7. Applications must not contain defamatory or obscene material and/or anything which is likely to bring Tuesday’s Child or Channel 4 into disrepute.
8. No applications will be returned to the Applicants nor will any materials submitted in support of any application e.g. photographs. Each Applicant is advised to make copies if appropriate.
9. Application forms will be retained by Tuesday’s Child. All information supplied to Tuesday’s Child (including your personal data) will be dealt with in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 solely for the purposes of production of the Programme. Tuesday’s Child will not supply your personal information to third parties other than as is reasonably necessary to produce the programme.
10. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with Tuesday’s Child for you to appear on the programme. Tuesday’s Child has no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is produced there will be no obligation on Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit the programme or include you in any filming in the programme. As such, neither Tuesday’s Child nor Channel 4 will be liable for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
11. The closing date for applications is 2359 on Sunday 11th February 2018 although Tuesday’s Child may change this deadline at its sole discretion.
12. Applicants will be selected at the sole discretion of Tuesday’s Child. When selecting applicants the following will be taken into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of LEGO, lively characters who are comfortable being filmed. Initial selection will be based on application forms, submitted photos and telephone interviews. In addition, Tuesday’s Child may (but may not) invite a short listed applicants to attend an interview at their discretion. We will be looking for a mix of finalists to reflect the range in age, location, gender, and diversity of LEGO enthusiasts in Britain. Tuesday’s Child will only contact shortlisted Applicants.
13. Tuesday’s Child reserves the right to decline any application and/or stand any Applicant and/or Participant (as defined below) down at any time at its sole discretion and will have no liability for any consequential loss.
14. Tuesday’s Child reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions, Rules, format of the Programme and/or to cancel the Programme at any time at its sole discretion and will have no liability for any consequential loss.
15. Tuesday’s Child shall select Applicants to take part in the Programme (“the Participant(s)”).
16. The Participants will consent to being filmed and recorded by Tuesday’s Child where required for the Programme and consent to reasonable filming at the Participants workplace and home if deemed necessary by Tuesday’s Child. This will include all production filming where required as well as promotion and publicity of the Programme. The participant agrees to sign a contributor consent form granting Tuesday’s Child and its assignees all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy, edit and / or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the programme for any purposes connected with the programme, the promotion and advertising thereof and all other rights (including all allied and ancillary rights) in the programme by any means and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world and in perpetuity. It will also include participation in any spin off series and content made as a derivative of the Programme, such as web or additional filming.
17. Tuesday’s Child’s decision regarding selection for the programmes is entirely at its discretion and cannot be appealed. Tuesday’s Child reserves the right at any time and for any reason to change its selection and / or to choose a replacement participant for the programme.
18. Participants must be able to commit to all the filming days required which are currently expected to be during April & May - and potentially June, July and August - 2018. The production period is from 31/03/18 up to and including 12/08/18, mainly during the school holidays and potentially at weekends. This could change at the discretion of the production team due to any unforeseen circumstances. Participants will be kept updated by Tuesday’s Child of the dates and times they are required.
19. Participants need to ensure that they will be available for the filming period advised to them by Tuesday’s Child. If Participants are working, getting permission to be off work for that period, or are in receipt of benefits, clearing their involvement with, for example, their local employment office, is entirely the Participants responsibility.
20. Tuesday’s Child cannot pay the Participants for taking part in the Programme. All reasonable expenses will be paid for by Tuesday’s Child only if agreed beforehand by the Producer in writing.
21. Tuesday’s Child will retain the LEGO creations and copyright of any LEGO creations made during filming for the programme and retains the right to use any such LEGO creations for any purposes connected with the programme, the promotion and advertising thereof.
22. Tuesday’s Child is under no obligation to make or broadcast the Programme or use the Participants contribution in the Programme.
23. Channel 4 press office will control all press and publicity relating to the Programme and each Applicant and/or Participant warrants and agrees that they shall not undertake any press, publicity or other discussions with any third party in connection with the application to be a contestant in or appear in the Programme. Any enquiries from the press regarding the Participants and/or Applicants contribution must be referred to Channel 4 press office via Tuesday’s Child.
24. Tuesday’s Child reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of Applicants and/or Participants.
25. The Applicants and/or Participants must not disclose any information concerning the Programme or their participation to any other person or company, whether by means of discussion, letter, press photograph, television interviews, publication, social networking (including but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Vine and LinkedIn), or by any other means now known or hereafter invented without the prior written consent of Tuesday’s Child.
26. All applications shall be considered equally.
27. Short-listed Applicants agree that Tuesday’s Child may conduct background checks to confirm information supplied on their application form.
28. Each Applicant, or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18, warrants that they are 9 years old or over by 31/03/18 and will be required to supply photo identification at the request of the production team.
29. This is a competition for amateurs. Applicants must declare any connection with a commercial LEGO associate or organisation when entering. Although this will not automatically exclude an Applicant, Tuesday's Child will consider any conflict of interest and reserves the right to exclude an entry on that basis.
30. The following persons are not eligible to apply:
(i) Employees, officers, directors and/or agents of Channel 4 and Tuesday’s Child and any subsidiaries, assignees or licencees.
(ii) Any member of the immediate family (including any live-in partner) of any person described in (i) above.
(iii) if you are or have been employed by The LEGO Group or any other professional LEGO building company to make or design creations for them.
(iv) if you are or have been represented by an established gallery, agent or affiliate of The LEGO Group. Tuesday’s Child’s decision as to whether an entrant is amateur or professional is final.